Attorney, SENIOR ASSOCIATE
Attorney with the Litigation and Arbitration Team and the Infrastructure Team. He specialises in legal and advisory services during execution of undertaken construction investments concerning, among others, road and railway infrastructure (executed based on FIDIC standards). He also advises during execution of large-scale investments (including execution of public utility facilities). He represents clients in litigation and arbitration within this scope concerning, among others, contractual penalties for withdrawal from construction contracts, contractual penalties for delays, fees for additional and substitute works. He advises participants of the construction process (general contractors, subcontractors, designers and investors) on mutual relationships, participates in negotiations concerning annexes to contracts, in settlement of construction works (including after withdrawal from the construction contract), acceptances and liquidation proceedings concerning construction and other damage.
- representing general contractors (top national and international construction companies) in court proceedings against the GDDKiA regarding settlement; of contracts for construction of highways and high-speed roads in Poland and payment of contractual penalties (including disputes exceeding PLN 100 mio in value, FIDIC contracts);
- representing general contractors (top national construction companies) in court proceedings regarding performance guarantees and in disputes against Polish subcontractors;
- assistance and advice during implementation and settlement of large-scale construction contracts with the GDDKiA and PKP PLK;
- advice on issues related to intellectual property rights, including in particular disputes regarding copyrights to architectural designs and project documentation in the context of large-scale construction contracts;
- representing parties in post-M&A arbitration and court proceedings (i.a. representations and warranties, accounting, insolvency and capital markets issues);
- representing parties to cross-border supply agreements and financing agreements in court proceedings;
- representing banks and construction companies as creditors in insolvency proceedings including insolvency proceedings with cross-border aspects;
- advice on disputes related to loan, lease and agency agreements.
- Since 2014 — JARA DRAPAŁA & PARTNERS, Warsaw;
- 2013–2014 — Röhrenschef, Warsaw;
- 2011–2013 — Allen & Overy, Warsaw;
- 2013–2016 — trainee advocate, Bar Association in Warsaw;
- 2007–2012 — Jagiellonian University in Krakow, law;
- Distinction for written work — defendant’s memorandum in a competition for the Werner Melis award in the eighteenth edition of Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot in Vienna;