Advocate with the Transaction Team and advocate admitted to the Warsaw Bar Association. Prior to joining JDP he worked for 6 years in Big4 law firm in Warsaw, as well as practiced in local law firms in Cracow and New York.
Marcin participated in numerous restructuring projects including mergers, de-mergers, transformations and cross-border reorganizations of entities within different business sectors.
Marcin has been also involved in several M&A transactions including, including share deals, asset deals and joint-ventures, as well as participated in numerous legal due diligence processes.
He also provides day-to-day legal corporate and commercial assistance including in particular corporate governance, repatriation of cash to shareholders, creating and changing shareholding structures, as well as commercial contract advisory.
- since 2019 – JARA DRAPAŁA & PARTNERS
- 2014–2019 – PwC Legal Pawłowski, Żelaźnicki sp.k.
- 2012 – Zawisny & Zawisny, plc., New York, USA
- 2011 – T. Studnicki, K. Płeszka, Z. Ćwiąkalski, J. Górski sp. k. (“SPCG”), Cracow
- 2014 – 2017 – Regional Bar Association in Warsaw, advocate trainee
- 2013–2014 – University of Warsaw, postgraduate studies – corporate law
- 2008–2013 – Andrzej Frycz Modrzewski Cracow University in Cracow
- Complex reorganization of the international capital group operating worldwide in the food sector, including: (i) incorporation of Polish entities, (ii) division by separation of the Polish company and (iii) cross-border merger of the Polish and Dutch company
- Legal advisory to the Asian company listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange and operating within the real estate, aviation, beverages and food chain sectors in a cross-border reorganization of the entities belonging to the group, including:
(i) dissolution and liquidation of two Swiss branch offices of Polish subsidiaries and
(ii) cross-border mergers of two Polish limited liability companies and two Hungarian limited liability companies; merger of Polish companies including transfer of work establishment, preceded by transfer of assets and liabilities and sale of shares
- Creating and implementing a joint-venture of the German and French companies operating within global automotive sector including transfer of enterprise and creation of new corporate governance structure of the joint-venture
Creating and implementing a joint-venture of the Polish and German companies operating within IT logistics sector including transfer of enterprise connected with establishment of pledges, registered pledges and mortgages over the assets of the contributing entities and implementation and including transactional post-transactional services
- Numerous legal due diligence processes of any type (sell-side, buy-side, confirmatory, red flag, etc.) in relation to entities operating within private and public sector
- Reorganization of international capital group within the automotive sector aimed at transfer of employment establishments, transfer of assets and liabilities, setting-up and dissolving certain entities within the group
- Preparation of feasibility studies including potential restructuring scenarios together with their legal consequences
- Assistance in numerous legal and tax restructurings including set-offs, remittances, assignment of rights and duties and discharging of duties
- Advisory within possible scenarios of repatriation of cash to the shareholders, including structuring of certain scenarios and analysing their legal consequences