LUDWINA KLEIN, LL.M.
Advocate with the Litigation and Arbitration Team and the Infrastructure Team. She represents clients in complex disputes regarding infrastructure investment projects (railway and roads infrastructure, large-scale facilities), including disputes associated with contracts based on FIDIC standards. She has also represented clients in cases heard by international and Polish arbitral tribunals (proceedings conducted pursuant to regulations of ICC, SCC, SAKiG). She also provides ongoing advice in the course of performance of infrastructure investment projects. She is an author of publications in the field of arbitration (among other things, she co-authored the Commentary to the Rules of the Court of Arbitration Lewiatan).
- advising a consortium of a general contractor on construction of a railway station, including representing the client in several multi-million-claim disputes and in mediation proceedings regarding claims against a contracting authority relating to the extension of the Time for Completion and claims relating to the additional works,
- representing a consortium of a general contractor in multi-million-claim disputes, including proceedings for an injunctive relief, associated with performance of a large-scale facility and regarding contractor’s claims relating to the extension of the time for completion of works and to additional works, as well as claims of the contracting authority relating to contractual penalties and demands for payments under a guarantee,
- representing a general designer and its subcontractors in multi-million-claim disputes involving many parties, associated with the modernization of a large-scale facility and counter-claims for damages of the general contractor and the contracting authority,
- representing a general contractor in a multi-million-claim dispute associated with the modernization of a railway line and claims against the contracting authority relating to the extension of the Time for Completion, and claim for payment of remuneration,
- representing a designer in a dispute associated with a project involving a large-scale facility and claims of the contracting authority for allegedly improper performance of the contract (the statement of claim filed by the contracting authority was dismissed by the Regional District as it agreed with the defence of lack of jurisdiction, the appeal filed by the contracting authority was dismissed by the Court of Appeal, the cassation appeal filed by the contracting authority was not accepted to be heard by the Supreme Court),
- providing comprehensive legal advice to an investor (manufacturer of lubricants) on an investment project involving extension of a large-scale facility, including ongoing advice on relationships with the general contractor and subcontractors, development of a pre-litigation strategy, and representation in court disputes regarding investor’s claim for payment of a contractual penalty and a recourse claim relating to direct payment to a subcontractor,
- providing comprehensive legal advice to a contractor on three contracts for construction of regional roads, with respect to relationships with the contracting authority and consortium members,
- representing one of the largest construction companies in Poland in proceedings regarding an appeal against a judgment issued by the National Appeals Chamber regarding exclusion of the appellant’s offer from the tender procedure,
- representing a Polish subsidiary of an international steel and mining concern in arbitration proceedings conducted pursuant to the rules of the ICC with respect to a real estate transaction,
- representing a Polish subsidiary of an international manufacturer and distributor of wire ropes in arbitration proceedings conducted pursuant to the rules of the ICC with respect to an M&A transaction,
- representing an international manufacturer and distributor of premium beverages in arbitration proceedings conducted pursuant to the rules of the SCC with respect to an M&A transaction,
- representing an investor in a construction dispute against a general contractor regarding liability for defects of a building under a quality guarantee.
since 2020 – JDP DRAPAŁA & PARTNERS;
2017–2019 – CMS Cameron McKenna Nabarro Olswang, Senior Associate;
2015–2017 – CMS Cameron McKenna, Associate;
2012–2014 – Wardyński i Wspólnicy, Associate;
2010–2011 – SALANS, Junior Associate.
- 2010–2011 – University of Warsaw in cooperation with Università degli Studi di Catania, School of Italian and European Law;
- 2010 – Università di Bologna and University of Pittsburgh School of Law, Summer School in International Commercial Contracts;
- 2009–2010 – York Law School, University of York, Master of Laws in International Commercial and Corporate Law (LL.M.);
- 2008–2010 – Leslie Silver International Faculty, Leeds Beckett University, Diploma Language Studies (Dip);
- 2002–2008 – University of Wrocław, Faculty of Law, Administration and Economics, Law.