MARIUSZ NOWAKOWSKI, MLE
Advocate, Senior Associate
Advocate with the Litigation and Arbitration Team and the Infrastructure Team. He specialises in disputes resulting from complex construction projects, in particular infrastructure projects in Poland and abroad (including road, railway and energy projects based on FIDIC standards). He represents clients – all participants of the construction process – in court and arbitration proceedings (such as cases regarding contract settlement after making a statement on contract withdrawal, contract settlement between consortium members, pursuing or defending against contractual penalties for non-performance or improper performance of a contract, use of a bank/insurance guarantee or a security, payment of remuneration for additional/substitute works). He has vast experience in legal advice during negotiating, performing or settling construction works contracts (so called “claim management”). He also advises, i.a. on criminal cases (mostly so called white collar crimes), cases regarding combating unfair competition, proceedings before market regulatory bodies as well as restructuring of companies.
- legal advice to a Polish company belonging to an Austrian corporate group in a number of court and pre-court proceedings regarding road and railway contracts, in particular based on FIDIC standards;
- legal advice to a Polish company carrying out a project in Italy as well as representation of this company in a number of court proceedings;
- legal advice to a Polish company belonging to a German corporate group operating in the construction sector in court proceedings regarding the largest projects in large-scale construction (multiarena) in Poland;
- legal advice to a Polish company specialising in construction of engineering objects in arbitration proceedings regarding performance of a road contract in southern Poland;
- ongoing legal advice to a Polish design company belonging to a German corporate group in a number of court and pre-court proceedings as well as on performance and settlement of different civil-law contracts made by this entity, including legal advice on copyright disputes;
- legal advice to an automotive service provider from Canada as well as representation of this entity in a number of court and enforcement proceedings;
- legal advice to a Polish listed company searching for and exploiting natural gas and petroleum fields in a dispute regarding making gas boreholes in southeastern Poland;
- legal advice to a Polish listed company – distributor of IT hardware in court proceedings regarding performance of a contract made as an outcome of a tender procedure;
- legal advice to a leading bank in proceedings before the Head of the Office of Competition and Consumer Protection.
- 2012 – 2017; since 2018 – JARA DRAPAŁA & PARTNERS, Warsaw;
- 2017 – 2018 – SPACZYŃSKI, SZCZEPANIAK I WSPÓLNICY, Warsaw;
- 2011 – 2012 – I. Bobrzyk Law firm, Lublin.
- 2010 – 2013 – Advocate apprenticeship at the Regional Bar Council in Lublin/Warsaw;
- 2008 – 2009 – Law Faculty, Leibniz Universität Hannover;
- 2005 – 2010 – Law Faculty, Maria Curie-Skłodowska Uniwersytet in Lublin.