We advised on the construction and operation of a plant manufacturing foundations for offshore wind farms
Our multidisciplinary team provided comprehensive legal and tax advice on a joint venture project in the offshore sector with the involvement of a state investment fund as a project partner. The joint venture was set up to construct and operate a plant manufacturing foundations for offshore wind farms on Gryfia Island near Szczecin, covering an impressive area of over 29,000 m2.
Our legal and tax services included:
- (i) devising the legal and tax concept for the joint venture, i.e. the construction of a metal foundations production plant for offshore wind farms, involving two minority shareholders – a Polish joint-stock company and a state-owned investment fund, in addition to a foreign investor;
- (ii) establishing a legal framework for the client’s operations in Poland within the joint venture, including drafting an investment agreement that comprehensively governed the relationships between the joint venture partners;
- (iii) advising on legal and tax aspects of the financial plan for the joint venture (additional contributions, loans, etc. as the construction progressed; drafting the necessary documentation; and advising on all aspects of the project / joint venture financing);
- (iv) representing the client before the European Commission and the Polish Office of Competition and Consumer Protection, and
- (v) advising on a full range of issues relating to the project to construct the production plant, a bridge, and an underground power cable.
The multidisciplinary expertise of the JDP team combined with our extensive know-how in complex infrastructure projects allowed us to implement the project seamlessly while mitigating significant legal, tax and operational risks.
The advising team consisted of: Marcin Chomiuk (PhD) (Partner, Head of M&A, Corporate and Commercial), Maciej Chrzan (Partner, Head of Real Estate), Dorota Dąbrowska (Tax Advisor, Tax), Professor Przemysław Drapała (Partner, Head of Litigation and Arbitration, and Infrastructure), and Zbigniew Jara (Of Counsel, M&A, Corporate and Commercial), who were supported by other JDP lawyers.
To learn more about our experience in offshore projects, click HERE.