MARCIN CHOMIUK, PhD
RADCA PRAWNY (ATTORNEY-AT-LAW)
Attorney-at-law, Partner, Head of the Transaction and Contract Counselling Team. Expert on corporate law and commercial transactions (M&A) and contract advice on projects in the power sector. He also specialises in the industry sector, especially the automotive sector.
He has supervised corporate restructuring processes in a number of enterprises representing various sectors of the economy. He has advised clients on forming complex joint ventures. Offers contract advice in the area of complex infrastructure investments.
Acts as an adviser to general contractors, subcontractors and designers implementing projects involving modernisation of power infrastructure and construction of shopping centres.
Co-author of the commentary to the Code of Commercial Companies for C.H.Beck (3rd. ed. 2020) and Beck-online.
Member of the Editorial Board of Monitor Prawa Handlowego published by C.H.Beck. He has a degree in law and economics.
- Advising a German industrial investor in connection with a joint venture implemented with Polish partners, concerning the construction of a facility producing offshore wind farm foundations;
- Advising a German industrial investor in connection with the acquisition of shares in a domestic electro-filter producer, followed by reorganisation of the corporate and operating structure;
- Providing legal services for a post-merger project at the stage of integration of production entities (limited liability companies and a joint-stock company), forming part of a leading automotive manufacturer’s group, into a capital group in Poland;
- Developing the strategy for and executing the exist of an industry investor who was a minority shareholder in a production company;
- Conducting legal and tax-focused due diligence reviews of target entities based in Poland and developing red flag reports on behalf of renowned international law firms;
- Advising a Polish construction company joining a French capital group in a joint venture project with domestic and French partners concerning the construction of the biggest commercial centre in western Poland;
- Advising a general designer of a new power unit at the Jaworzno III Power Plant during the negotiations and implementation of the contract with the general contractor;
- Providing ongoing legal advice for an investor in connection with an investment project encompassing the construction of a power plant with a 600 MWe gas-steam unit;
- Lectures and training for the Polish-German Chamber of Industry and Commerce, the Polish-Swiss Chamber of Commerce in Poland, on subjects including framework conditions for industrial activity in Poland, conducting business on the German market and legal aspects of conducting business on the German market;
- Lectures at the School of German Law, Law Faculty of the University of Białystok;
- Member of the Editorial Board of Monitor Prawa Handlowego published by C.H. BECK;
- Since 2007 – JARA DRAPAŁA & PARTNERS, since 2015 as a Partner;
- 2004–2006 – Polish-German Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Warsaw – legal and economic advice on conducting business in Poland and Germany;
- 2013 – Scholarship at the Max-Planck-Institut für Ausländisches und Internationales Privatrecht in Hamburg, Germany;
- 2004–2005 – School of German Law at the University of Warsaw;
- 2001–2003 – University of Freiburg, Germany, Faculty of Law, Economics;
- 2000–2001 – University of Halle/Saale, Germany, Faculty of Law;
- 1998–2003 – University of Białystok, Faculty of Law;
- 1996–1999 – Warsaw School of Economics, specialisation: finance and banking;